Effective Date: February 5, 2020
This Online Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains how Premier Research and its subsidiaries (“Premier Research”) handles personal data that it collects and receives from users through this website (“Premier Research Website”).
Online Privacy Notice
This summary section provides a brief overview of our Privacy Notice. Please read the full Privacy Notice below for more detailed information.
Premier Research collects the following types of information through the Premier Research Website:
- Information you provide. Personal data you provide when applying for a job or contacting Premier Research.
- Information collected automatically. Your IP address and non-identifying information about your use of Premier Research Website may be collected automatically using tracking technologies, such as cookies. Your website browser software can be set to reject all cookies; however, cookies can allow you to take advantage of some of the site’s essential features, which may not work if you reject cookies.
- Information collected from other sources. We may combine information about you from Premier Research Website, information collected offline or from external parties.
Premier Research uses the information we collect for several purposes, mainly:
- To provide you with Premier Research services you request.
- To communicate with you about Premier Research services.
- To customize and improve your experience on Premier Research Website.
- To process your job application.
- To respond to your contact and other internal business purposes.
Premier Research does not sell or disclose your personal data to any individual or organization without your consent. Premier Research may disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To affiliates and third-party service providers to provide services and information on our sites, including online marketing and advertising, and to support our business operations. We require these parties to handle personal data in accordance with appropriate contractual privacy and security provisions and this Privacy Notice.
- To another company in connection with the processing of your job application.
- To governing regulatory authorities or as may otherwise be necessary for Premier Research to comply with a legal obligation or demand.
You may contact us at any time if you have questions about this Privacy Notice or the Personal Data we collect about you. Please submit your privacy inquiries here.
Premier Research maintains appropriate controls and technical and organizational security measures to protect and secure personal data, but when you share personal data online there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could gain access to your information.
Premier Research is a global company headquartered in the U.S. and your Personal Data will be processed in the U.S. before being shared with affiliates around the world. This means that Personal Data may not be processed in a country that offers the same level of data protection as the country where you reside, including the European Economic Area. Premier Research complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Check this Privacy Notice regularly, as we may change or update portions of this Privacy Notice from time to time, subject to any applicable consent requirements. Any changes will be promptly posted to this page and accompanied by a new effective date at the top of this page.
PREMIER RESEARCH ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective date: February 5, 2020
This Online Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains how Premier Research and its subsidiaries (“Premier Research”) handles personal data that it collects and receives from users through this website (“Premier Research Website”).
Information We Collect
The types of personal data that we may collect and receive while you use the Premier Research Website are described in this section and include both data that you provide to us and data that we collect automatically when you use the Premier Research Website.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” means any data related to you as an identified or identifiable natural person. Examples of Personal Data include name, address, telephone number, and email address.
Information You Provide
Premier Research collects Personal Data that you provide on Premier Research Website, for example, through a contact form in order to enquire about our services, through your job application, or to contact Premier Research. This could include:
- Contact data such as your address, phone number, or email address
- Registration data such as your username and password
- Employment, education and other background data when you inquire about employment with Premier Research
Data That May Be Collected Automatically
When you use Premier Research Website, we also may collect certain usage and device data automatically as described below.
We may record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or other electronic device when you visit the Premier Research Website. An IP address identifies the electronic device you use to access the Sites, which allows us to maintain communication with your computer as you move about Premier Research Website and to customize content.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
To learn more about cookies and other tracking technologies, including how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or http://youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note that some cookies are essential to the functioning of our websites and deleting or disabling them will reduce the sites’ functionality.
Data Collected from Other Sources
We may combine data about you that is collected through the Premier Research Website with data that we have collected offline, as well as with data provided to us by third parties.
How We Use Your Data
We use your Personal Data to provide you the services you request, communicate with you, improve your experience on the Premier Research Website, process your job application, and for other internal business purposes, as described in more detail below.
Providing Services You Request
If you choose to contact us, we use the Personal Data that you provide through Premier Research Website to respond to your questions, provide you the services you request, offer an optimal customer experience, and/or on the basis of your consent.
Communicating with You
If you choose to submit your details through Premier Research Website, we may add you to our marketing list and contact you about our services. You may unsubscribe from such communications at any time using the link provided in emails from us.
Customized User Experiences
Business and Product Improvement
In order to discover new facts that could help Premier Research better understand customer needs and help improve, develop, and evaluate services, materials, and incentives to join us, Premier Research analyses the information that you have provided for its legitimate interests in business and marketing improvement.
Service Analytics and Improvement
We may use the information that you provide and the information we collect automatically about your use of the Premier Research Website to monitor user traffic patterns and preferences for our legitimate business interests of improvement, analytics, and optimization of the Premier Research Website.
Data Use and Retention
We will only keep Personal Data as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes outlined above, except if otherwise required by applicable laws or legal orders.
When We Share Your Information With Third Parties
We only share your Personal Data with third parties as described below. We do not sell or rent Personal Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Affiliates, Vendors, and Suppliers
We have relationships with various vendors and suppliers, including our affiliated companies and recruitment agencies, who help us operate our business and for whom it may be necessary to have access to your Personal Data in the course of providing services to Premier Research. We will not authorize these parties to use your Personal Data for any purpose that is not related to Premier Research’ business operation, and we require them to handle your Personal Data collected through the Premier Research Website in accordance with appropriate contractual privacy and security provisions and this Privacy Notice.
Legal Rights and Obligations
In certain limited circumstances, Premier Research may need to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with a legal obligation or demand, such as to comply with reporting obligations to our governing regulatory authorities regarding the safety of our pharmaceutical products, or in connection with the sale or transfer of one of our product lines or divisions, which includes the services provided through one or more of the Premier Research Website. In such instances, we will take measures to protect your Personal Data to the extent possible. We also reserve the right to use Personal Data to investigate and prosecute users who violate our rules or who engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or to others’ property.
Privacy of Children
Premier Research does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Data directly from children on Premier Research Website. We do not knowingly allow children to communicate with us, or to use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue.
Your Privacy Choices
You may contact Premier Research to ask questions, discuss your concerns, or report privacy concerns. If you communicate with or request information from Premier Research, you may be prompted to provide your contact information as well as any Personal Data that is relevant to your request.
Premier Research has an appointed Global Data Protection Officer. Please submit your privacy inquiries to the Global Data Protection Officer here.
Alternatively, you may send a letter to Premier Research, 250 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, RG2 6UG, United Kingdom (attention: Global Data Protection Officer).
Additional Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive specific information about how Premier Research collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data, and you may have specific rights with respect to your Personal Data. California-specific privacy requirements that are not addressed in other sections of this Privacy Notice are described in this section.
Consistent with the Information we collect section above, we collect certain categories and specific pieces of information about individuals that are considered Personal Data. As detailed above, we may collect this Personal Data from you and other third parties. We collect, use and disclose Personal Data for the business and commercial purposes described in the How we use Your Data and the When we share your Information sections above. Under the definition of “selling” in the California Consumer Privacy Act, Premier Research does not sell your Personal Data.
As a California resident, you have the right to request:
- Information about the Personal Data that Premier Research has collected, used and disclosed about you over the previous 12 months, including: the categories of Personal Data collected; the categories of sources from which your Personal Data was collected; the business or commercial purposes for which Premier Research collected your Personal Data; the categories of your Personal Data that was disclosed for a business or commercial purpose; and the categories of third parties with whom Premier Research shared your Personal Data;
- The specific Personal Data that Premier Research has collected about you over the previous 12 months; and
- To have your Personal Data deleted.
Should you exercise any of your privacy rights as a California resident, Premier Research will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or services, or by providing you with a different level or quality of services, based solely upon this request. Certain Premier Research Services, however, may require that Premier Research processes your Personal Data in order to provide the Service or to allow us to use and disclose your Personal Data to provide the Service. When you exercise your right to have your Personal Data deleted, you may lose access to certain aspects of Premier Research Services that require your Personal Data to perform the service.
Please see the Your Privacy Choices section if you have questions or would like to make a request to exercise any of your rights.
Additional Information for European Economic Area residents
Premier Research would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Premier Research for copies of your Personal Data or a description of the Personal Data categories we process or a description of the processing.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Premier Research correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Premier Research to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Premier Research erase your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Premier Research restrict the processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Premier Research’s processing of your Personal Data that are based on legitimate interests, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Premier Research transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If Premier Research will not be able to provide the requested information or make the change you request, you will be provided with reasons for such decision.
Under local law you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Please submit your requests and privacy inquiries as described in Your Privacy Choices.
Premier Research maintains reasonable technical, administrative, organizational and physical security measures and controls to secure any Personal Data collected through the Premier Research Website. However, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an Internet transmission, or that someone will find a way to thwart our security systems. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Data over the Internet, especially any sensitive Personal Data. Premier Research cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your Personal Data; therefore, when submitting Personal Data to Premier Research Website, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
Links to Third-Party Sites and Social Media Plug-ins
Accessing Our Sites Globally
This site is owned and operated by Premier Research, and if you are visiting this site from a country outside the U.S., your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international borders. Personal Data may be transferred to other Premier Research affiliates in territories that may not provide a level of protection to Personal Data equivalent to that provided by your home country.
Premier Research complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Data from the European Union member countries and Switzerland to the United States. Premier Research has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. A violation of our commitment to Privacy Shield may be investigated by the Federal Trade Commission and/or the United States Department of Commerce. If there is any conflict between the policies in this Privacy Notice and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/
In compliance with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, Premier Research adheres and cooperates fully with the EU Data Protection Authorities (EU DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) regarding human resource data (which is any Personal Data about an organization’s own employees, past or present, collected in the context of the employee relationship) and non-human resource data. Premier Research will comply with advice given by such authorities with regard to Personal Data transferred from the European Union and Switzerland. Premier Research commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Data. Persons from the European Union and Switzerland who have inquiries or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice should first contact us here.
Premier Research has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield concerns to the International Centre for Dispute Resolution®, the international division of the American Arbitration Association® (ICDR/AAA), an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html for more information and to file a complaint. The services of the ICDR/AAA are provided at no costs to you.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Any onward transfers of Personal Data to vendors and suppliers outside the EEA will be done in compliance with the international data transfer restrictions that apply under EU and Swiss data protection laws, including, where appropriate, through the use of EU model contracts for data transfers to processors. In such cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU or Swiss individuals, received pursuant to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, Premier Research is potentially liable.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will only use Personal Data in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when the information was collected from you or as authorized by you. However, and subject to any applicable consent requirements, or if required by law, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Notice at any time. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be reflected on this page with a new effective date. Premier Research encourages you to review this Privacy Notice regularly for any changes. Any Personal Data collected upon your continued use of Premier Research Website will be handled in accordance with the currently posted Privacy Notice.
Premier Research Privacy Notice for Investigators
This Privacy Notice explains how Premier Research International LLC and its subsidiaries (“Premier Research” or “we”) process the personal data of investigator and site staff (“Investigators”). At Premier Research, we take great care in processing personal data in compliance with applicable laws. We only collect and use the information necessary to achieve the purposes described below. The data controller is Premier Research, whose registered headquarters are located at One Park Drive, Suite 150, Durham, NC 27709, United States.
Personal data that we collect about you and why
We may collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, including directly from you and your institution and from provided CVs and resumes, from publicly available sources such as the register of licensed medical practitioners in your country, online and other databases and websites, from third party providers such as IQVIA (which is a provider of a worldwide healthcare professionals database), and from other documents or forms that you provide in order to participate in clinical research and development activities organized by Premier Research, such as webinars, services, educational events, and clinical information and updates or in other contexts.
Types of personal data
Premier Research may collect and use some or all of the following categories of personal data:
- personal details, such as your name, age, gender and contact details;
- professional details, such as your place of practice, job title, the medical field in which you are active, your professional qualifications and scientific activities (such as previous clinical trial experience, and participation in past or pending research studies with Premier Research and other companies), publication of academic or scientific research and articles, and membership in associations and boards;
- certain financial information, such as the declaration of financial interests, if applicable, and other financial information collected for purpose of payment and reporting of payments in connection with the conduct of clinical trials for Premier Research; and
- details of interactions with us, such as what kind of meetings we have held, topics discussed, your knowledge of and questions you have had on our business, what kind of material we have displayed to you and any feedback that you have provided.
Your personal data will be processed by Premier Research for the following purposes:
- managing our relationship with you, including planning, organizing and reviewing any collaboration with you, analysis and/or contacting you;
- helping ensure that we provide you with information that is relevant given your expertise, interests and preferences;
- complying with applicable laws and regulations (e.g., in connection with pharmacovigilance).
The legal basis for this processing are our legitimate interests in maintaining and optimizing a professional relationship or connection with you, performance of a contract with you or involving you, compliance with a legal obligation and, where relevant, your consent. You are not required by law or by a contract to provide your personal data to Premier Research. However, in order to maintain our relationship with you, Premier Research needs to process your personal data.
Sharing your personal data
Premier Research may share your personal data with others, from time to time, in connection with the purposes described in this notice. In particular, we may make your personal data available to:
- regulatory bodies and authorities, for example in respect of clinical trials and in the context of applying for product registrations;
- other affiliates within the Premier Research group (e.g. in the case of shared regional or global databases) and companies with whom we may partner in connection with proposed or actual Premier Research projects, such as shared research initiatives;
- our trusted third party service providers that supply goods or services to Premier Research such as legal counsel, auditors and IT service suppliers;
- our trusted third party service providers who supply services on behalf of Premier Research (e.g. nurse support services);
- other trusted third parties pursuant to a court order, to protect the interests of Premier Research, or where otherwise required by law or legal process; and
- actual or prospective purchasers of Premier Research businesses in the event of a sale, merger or acquisition; and
- the public in a limited way through websites such as www.clinicaltrials.gov and other websites and databases that serve a comparable purpose and enhancing clinical trial transparency.
Sharing your personal data as described above may involve transferring it to countries, including countries outside of the EU/EEA, whose data protection and privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, those that exist in your country of residence. Any transfers of Personal Data to Premier Research group affiliates outside the EEA will be done in compliance with the international data transfer restrictions that apply under EU data protection laws, including, where appropriate, through the use of EU model contracts for data transfers or the Privacy Shield.
Premier Research complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union member countries and Switzerland to the United States. Premier Research has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. A violation of our commitment to Privacy Shield may be investigated by the Federal Trade Commission and/or the United States Department of Commerce. If there is any conflict between the policies in this Privacy Notice and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Any onward transfers of Personal Data to vendors and suppliers will be done in compliance with the international data transfer restrictions that apply under EU data protection laws, including, where appropriate, through the use of EU model contracts for data transfers to processors.
Securing and retaining your personal data
Premier Research will take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. When Premier Research retains a third-party service provider, that provider will be carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures in accordance with applicable law to protect the confidentiality and security of personal data. That provider will only be permitted to process your data in accordance with the instruction of Premier Research. Premier Research retains your personal data in a manner consistent with our retention policy and only for as long as is required to fulfill the purposes above, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
You may contact Premier Research to request access to personal data that we process about you and that we correct inaccurate data and complete any incomplete data. Please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. In accordance with the conditions and requirements of applicable law, you may object to our processing of your personal data, restrict the processing of such data and request that we erase personal data about you. We may need to discuss the basis of your request as there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to continue processing your personal data or refuse your request.
In limited circumstances, you may have the right to receive some personal data in structured, commonly used, machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit that data to a third party where this is technically feasible.
In cases where we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to change your mind and withdraw your consent. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal and it may affect our ability to continue to provide the relevant services to you.
To exercise your rights, contact Premier Research’s Global Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal letter to 1st Floor, Rubra 2, Mulberry Business Park, Fishponds Road, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 2GY (attention: Global DPO). If Premier Research will not be able to provide the requested data or fulfill your request, you will be provided with reasons for such decision. In addition, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you have also consented to direct marketing but no longer want to receive any direct marketing via email, SMS/MMS, fax, and telephone, you also need to withdraw your consent as explained in the message you received or by contacting the Global Data Protection Officer.
To learn more about Premier Research’s privacy practices, please refer to our general online privacy notice.
Changes to This Investigators’ Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is effective from May 25th 2018. We reserve the right to change this notice at any time (for example, to comply with changes in laws or regulations, our practices, procedures and organizational structures, requirements imposed or recommended by supervisory authorities or otherwise). Changes to this notice shall be applicable on the effective date of implementation. We will communicate any changes to you, where we are required to do so.